← Previous Page 3 of 3
  1. Chris at |

I’m a relative newcomer to mezcal, but have to say that after trying over a dozen different mezcals in the $40-90 per bottle range, I appreciate Escorpion Mezcal’s Barril, Espadin, and Pechuga mezcals over several others. They sell for ~$24 per 375 ml (half-size) bottle. I was surprised to see them at the bottom of the list, but to each their own!

I also recently tried La Venenosa’s Green Label at an east coast (US) mezcal bar and found it very complex, intriguing, and highly enjoyable. Perhaps a worthy addition to your list…

Thanks for a great book and website!

2. oscar de los santos at |

Hi,I would like to send you a bottle for a tasting maybe a meet and greet would be nice.

Mezcal de los Santos
    instagram : mezcaldls

3. Patrick at |

What are your thoughts on Reyes y Cobardes?

4. Yako at |

El Tinieblo is all of the sudden all over LA, NY and MIA btw – Been drinking it a lot at bars and restaurants. For a while, some 18 months ago I couldn’t find it anywhere but then one day about 6 months ago…..poof! There it was …..EVERYWHERE. Soooo good!

5. Adam at |

I have a bottle of La Fogata, sold at the Montgomery County, MD county ABC store. Very nice, smooth. Sticker claims a 92 score from some website or reviewer. Like it a lot.

1. Adam at |

Oh, and one other thing, the La Fogata bottle seems to be hand blown, with a green spiral around the neck. Nice.

6. Winston at |

I’ve noticed you didn’t include realdejapla’s aztecali in the list of Mezcals. Is it because it’s really just a tequila using blue agave?

7. […] States, we checked the following mezcals against Mezcal PhD’s comprehensive list of 120+ Mezcal Brands Found in the U.S., which was updated in October 2016 [as of this writing]. Let’s look at some of these […]